Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Menu Plan Monday!

Last week was the strangest eating week because I could not smell and therefore I could not taste very well either. I'm glad that we did all the easy costco stuff. I was wiped out all week. I still am.
This week is another easy continuation of last week. On Sat. we did our grocery shopping- meaning we bought snack food for the superbowl. We spent our grocery bdget for the week on snack food! We did not eat it all or even cook it all so this week will consist of the leftovers. It will not be a totally healthy week but it will be fast and easy and not entirely lacking in nutrition.

So in no particular order we will have...

1. Sweet and sour meatballs/ salad/ chips

2. Sloppy Joes/ french fries

3. Beef Nachos/ beans/chips/salsa

4. Buffalo chicken nuggets/ salad/corn/fries or chips

5. Taquitos/ bean dip/ chips

6. Chicken alfredo/ broccoli/ rolls

7. cheap eat out- ie costco pizza or maybe we will use coupons at McDonald's again (yes, we ate at McD's with a coupon this weekend. Saved us three bucks. Though it would have probably cost us the same to eat off of the dollar menu- and just as good... Lessons learned...) or Pizza Pockets and bites we'll see....

Funny story- my son asked me to color the letters for him. I drew the Alphabet and for M, I said M for Mommy. He pointed to the M and said French Fries. It was one of his first words too. So sad. We only get them maybe twice a month I swear! :) He recognizes the sign though and has for months now!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's adorable about your son LOL. We don't eat there that often either but my son still acts like he's home when we go.

The Proverbs Wife said...

You guys have a very fun menu this week, Enjoy.