Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Menu Plan Monday!


What a slacker am I! Sorry that I have been neglecting my scrapping and this blog. I am less than two weeks from my due date and my energy is sapped. I want to make a new header for this blog. That will be my next scrapping project...when I get the energy and time. :) Anyway ... I made all of the meals on my list last week and made my husband very happy! I would make all of the recipes again especially the Chinese Chicken Salad. I guess the only change I would make is that I would use a different kind of dough - not crescent- for the roll-ups. Crescent rolls have a flavor we don't like as much. It's good with the chicken roll-ups but otherwise it's not our favorite. I might use pizza dough or more of a roll dough instead. So for this week...

Monday- Corned Beef Brisket, Mashed potatoes, Chicken Caesar salad I have never made Brisket or corned beef before sooooo.. we will see how it goes...
Tuesday- Corned Beef Noodle Casserole with Spinach and Cheese-
New recipe that I will try with leftovers
Wednesday- Bratwurst, salad, corn
Thursday- Barbecue Corned beef sandwiches, french fries, peas
Friday- Sweet and Sour Chicken, rice, Gyoza- I have a recipe for this if you want it... it's from the Help! My Apartment has a Kitchen! cookbook. It's a great cookbook for college students and for making meals for 2. I alter this recipe a fair amount - mainly increasing the amount of sauce and using chicken instead of pork. It's one of our family favorites though. Let me know if you want the recipe.
Sat- Eat out/make your own
Sunday- Leftovers?/ Broccoli Curry Chicken casserole

No comments: