Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Sorry I'm a slacker

I just haven't had much time for posting or crafting lately. We're surviving well, adjusting well to 2 kids. I can often get them to nap at the same time so I can take a nap too. Asher is a long napper not a cat napper which gives me much needed one on one time with Kaden too. I have been working on one big ongoing project. My sister-in-law is pregnant and has been terribly sick the whole time. She has toddler boy/girl twins to take care of too so it has been a really hard pregnancy for her. She hit her 100 days left until due date 10 days ago. So I decided to send her a little package every ten days to help her count it down. So for 100 days I sent her 100 alcohol wipes. I've sent her her 90 day package (today is 90 days left). But I don't want to write about it until I'm sure she has gotten it. I would love your suggestions for what to get her. She is having a boy. What themes can I do to go with the packages and the numbers? Thanks!

I learned how to make a sock monkey- well I made a sock monster to start with. :) I used this tutorial.



2 comments:

Steph said...

I love it! I loved it so much, I made one too! I will post pictures on my blog soon. :) Hope you don't mind me copying...I made the 'monster' also...easier.

Steph said...

I know about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, but some people (some I know personally) just HATE to be copied! I'm so glad you aren't one of them. I don't quite think mine turned out as good as yours, but hey! It's good for a first try, if I do say so myself!
I will post pictures after the 17th, as that is Ryver's birthday and I'm giving it to her for her birthday! :)

Oh, and I LOVE your idea of sending Anissa something every 10 days, what a good sis-in-law you are! Email me what you are sending at 90 and what your other ideas are and I will see if I can think of anything different. :)
xoxo