Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

So obviously I tapered off in my posts last year.  I just didn't make things simple enough I guess.  And I am lazy.  I did continue throughout the year to work at my goals and they were not an entire failure but I certainly wasn't consistent.  So this year I thought I would build some consistency.  Here is the basic routine so that I will get some basics done around here!

Morning routine
Make bed
Shower
Matt: sweep floors, empty dishwasher, take out trash/recycling
D:  make breakfast, wipe counters and table, fill up dishwasher, clean bathroom, prepare for dinner


Afternoon routine (or midday more like- during Asher's nap most likely)
Do a weekly chore(ie laundry, menu planning, etc...)
Do a monthly chore( ie clean out the fridge, clean the baseboards, vacuum under the couches)
Declutter monthly focus area
Evening routine:
An hour before Matt gets home pick up all toys, then boys can watch one show- every other day it should be a shorter show and they will take a bath(while I clean the bathroom). 
Matt: put food away, sweep, make lunch
D: do dishes, wipe counters and table

So I think this is a reasonable routine.  Once we get the hang of it I won't feel like I am cleaning all day long(I have a lot of catching up to do!) and I will enjoy Matt's participation.  His responsibilities have not increased too much but it will be of great help to me to have us cleaning together.  We've been kind of easing into it and I think it will work.  Tomorrow will be the first full day of trying it fully.  It will have to adjust depending on Matt's hours but this should work for the job he has starting tomorrow.  I will have to adjust and pick up when he can't due to long hours.  Hopefully I can overcome my rebellious attitude toward cleaning and make a nice home for us.  

My other goal is to do more projects and preschool time with the boys as well as at least one play date a week. 

My plan and routine is inspired by this site: Just Mommies

There are days on her monthly calendar that are catch up days. If I am all caught up then I will reward myself by doing a craft on those days. :)  Now there's motivation for me to stay caught up, right?  I have a huge list of crafts I need to do!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Lazy? Right. Sounds like a good plan! I think I'll take some of your ideas!

Anissa said...

You're great to put all your routines down on "paper". So smart. Helps to stay motivated and on track. How has it gone thus far?