Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Been busy scrapping and KKD CT call


Shawnery Mathis has come out with a Back to school kit. Since my son is much to young for school I thought it would work well with my Kindergarten photos. heehee. That was a long time ago. Amazingly I still remember the names of most of the people in my class. Just first names for the most part. I probably can remember them because we remained in school together until I moved in 4th grade. I kept in touch with two of them for a little while after that. Anyway. Hope you enjoy my trip down memory lane...
Based on feedback I altered this LO from the one I posted earlier. I Made the photo more the center of attention and made the stars smaller. I really like the ruler frame and the gold star. This is made with Karla's back to School kit, her stars freebie on her blog, Scrapgirl's folded corner template, and Kate Hadfield's Doodle paper Alpha.

We had a fun day in Santa Monica last week with one of my best friends, Catherine. Kaden loved the teeny tiny aquarium and Catherine and I loved the shopping. I used Shawnery's Beauty in Nature kit and Seebee's Photo cluster freebie from her blog.

I love Scrapbook.com and some of my favorite artists there do this simple graphic style. I love it but have a hard time leaving so much white space. Matt doesn't like it as much either. I think it is beautiful though. This is my first attempt at it. I realized afterward that most of the people who do this style make it 8 and 1/2 by 11. I think that is a better size. I may have to do an album like this of some of the more serious photos of Kaden. I have the album and sleeves so I might as well . Extra bonus I can print it out on my own printer. For this page I used Karla's blog freebie Denim and Grunge for the background paper. The brushes are Choice Spring by callmereal designs and the fonts are Pristine, Garamond, and Poor Richard.

Karla is having another CT call! Check out her blog in my blogroll for more info. I love being on her CT and highly recommend it!

TFL!

3 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

I love the picture of the reflect page just beautiful!
Renee

Jamie said...

I love the swirlys on the reflect page! Seems to be a huge trend right now (I just got digital scrapbooking magazine and that graphic swirly stuff is EVERYWHERE)

You do a great job!

Misty said...

Great layouts. I love that you took the constructive criticism and went with it! I think you do amazing stuff with digi! I think that your "2 mos" lo is great but could be even better... the pic feels a little too tilted, I don't know if I'm making sense, but I love the colors and all the elements.