Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ghost feet

So it turns out that 1 lb. of baking soda is how much comes in one box. So I did have enough. :) I got this idea from www.susiej.com and it is going to be a new family tradition. Yay! Her instructions are awesome. It was very easy to make the dough and we even have some left for more fun play! Here's a photo journal of the creation process.

Kaden helped me roll out the dough. Make sure you leave it a little on the thicker side so that they can leave a good imprint.



Also wash your kids feet before putting them on the nice white dough. :) I realized how desperately my floor needs to be swept and mopped during this procedure too. yikes!

Such a cute little footprint! After this I used a butter knife to cut out around the foot just like the instructions say. And now it's time for the face.
Kaden would have jabbed the ghosts over and over again I think. So he needed a little guidance to make a face.
The finished product! Ta-da! I added holes at the top because I think I will make a garland or ornaments for a halloween tree of sorts out of them. We did one of Kaden's feet twice - oops! We did do his other foot too, but just once. Asher did it too. This was a lot of fun and I am excited to make it a tradition.

No comments: