Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Friday, October 24, 2008

My plans for this site

So I kind of want more readers on this site... but that means I need to do the work to get you here and keep you here. I haven't done that. I think I will change the title. I haven't been doing too much digiscrapping lately. I need to do some. I will still post scrap pages when I do them... I have been learning to use my sewing machine lately though. Hmmm... I like to do everything. So I will post a little of everything here. Toddler activities (we're going to make those ghost footprints tomorrow :)), recipes we like, menu plans, crafts, scrapbooking... just whatever we do that is fun and creative. I'll menu plan on Tuesday after we get our store ads. So that will probably be a wednesday post. Maybe I will make something up for each day of the week to post about... Monday Mommy Craft day, Tuesday menu plan review day, Wednesday menu plan, Thursday Recipe day, Friday Week in Review day, Saturday Family Craft or Activity, and Sunday Insight day. They don't rhyme or have assonance or whatever... but they will get us by. Anything you would rather read about? I'll take suggestions... I'll start tomorrow with a play by play of Family craft day. Well and I will post my menu plan now so I have it in my head too...
So this is extra long menu planning because I made a big shopping trip this week and I can't go shopping for another two weeks except for milk and fresh veggies.

Menu Plan
Fri.- Flatlander chili from allrecipes.com - I am leaving out the green pepper and celery and substituting onion powder because hubby is picky
Sat.- Pumpkin Gorgonzola pasta from Pots and Pins ...something with hamburger for lunch- tacos or mac n cheese
Sun.- Cafe Rio Pork salad well I will use this dressing recipe but for the pork I will just stick it in the crockpot with one cup of salsa and one cup of brown sugar. YUMMY!
Mon.- Tri Tip with this seasoning - maybe in the crockpot?
Tues.- Leftovers
Wednesday- Thai peanut chicken with rice noodles- using packet seasoning and instructions
Thursday- Quesadillas
Friday- Bacon hamburger roll-up- hamburger(seasoned with montreal steak seasoning and worcestshire sauce), bacon, and velveeta spread out on pizza dough and then rolled up so the dough swirls through the hamburger and bacon. Cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Get the dough as thin as possible so it cooks in the middle.
Sat- Sweet and Sour Chicken
Sun. - Chicken over rice(DH's recipe- he will make this)
Mon.- Leftovers
Tues.- find a tri tip recipe
Wednesday- find a pork recipe
Thursday- Mac n Cheese
Friday- Curry Chicken and Broccoli casserole- basically this recipe except I cook it in the oven at 350 for 45 min. and I use more cheese and I might use more curry?

Ok..two weeks of planning- I will update as things may change (especially if I get lazy or we need to have more leftover days.) Suggestions for pork tenderloin and tri-tip recipes are welcome. I got some on sale this week and have frozen a lot. Thanks! Hope you enjoy my blog makeover. I hope to use it to make me more accountable for some goals that I have. So at least it will serve my own purposes even if no one else looks at it. :)

1 comment:

Misty said...

Sounds great. I am trying to lose those extra baby pounds so I'm trying out new healthier recipes. I made curried lentil soup the other night and I really enjoyed it. The kids did okay (they're not picky, but I think the new curry flavor was throwing them off). I'll try to post the recipe soon.
Misty