Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Menu planning

It's the best! Last week was full of yummy dinners and less stress because of it. I'm not sure why it's such huge relief but it is. I went grocery shopping on Fri. so that we would have less errands to run on Sat. But I didn't meal plan before I went- not smart. I stuck to staples for the most part and I brought coupons so I didn't go overbudget but I could have done a lot better if I had had a list and a plan. I think I threw a few too many - "oh, let's try that" things in the cart. SO this week in no particular order we will have...

lasagna- thought I would try Pioneer Woman's version(her site is in my sidebar)
enchilada pie (didn't make it last week and I bought some Queso Fresco)
leftovers
Ham and cheese and broccoli (at least in mine) oh what are they called... basically pizza pockets but there is a fancier name... can't think of it... Calzones
Sweet and Sour Chicken(I'll try My Kitchen Cafe's version)
Chicken over rice
Curry chicken casserole

May change it as the week goes on... we'll see...

And about last weeks new recipes- Delicious. Thoroughly enjoyed both the Meatballs and the Bourbon chicken. Matt said that we could have the Bourbon Chicken ANYTIME. That's high praise from him. :)

No comments: