Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Top Half of the Costume!

I finished it on time!  :)  It really is not a hard costume to make.  I was a little worried about Asher wearing it but he had no problems with it!  He didn't really wear the hood up but I wasn't really expecting that anyway. 

Like the sweatpants I started with a hoodie I got from a second hand store for 3 bucks:


I drew scallops on the felt using the same cup for a template.  Cut them out and glued them on.



 
 
After about this point I couldn't glue it along the whole hoodie anymore.  I did short separate pieces in just the front on either side of the zipper and on the back. Then I cut out individual colored scales like I did for the back and glued those randomly- or where I need to hid imperfections.  I also cut out eyes and eyelids and glued those on the hood.  Oh and I lined the front of the hood with white triangles for teeth. 


The finished hood... and now for the final project on the little boy who wouldn't stay still and liked to stomp in his costume.


 
 
Stomp Stomp Stomp!!!

I really think felt and hot glue guns are really cool inventions. :)  Hope you had a happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Michelle Williams said...

D, you are BRILLIANT, love the embroidery thread on the wings too!! GREAT job my girl!

Leslie said...

thanks for coming to my blog and entering the giveaway. good luck and thanks for being a follower