Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dragon Costume continued

Let's start with the Wings:

I started with your basic dollar store fairy wings(You could also bend a metal hanger to the shape you want).   Definitely too girly for my boy dragon but they have a nice wire frame to work with.  I noticed that  the red fabric that was covering the wings looked a lot like nylons so I checked the Dollar store for nylons without gold glitter flowers on them.  I found these silver ones.


So I cut off all of the red and recovered my fairy wigs in Silver shimmer.


Basically I just tied them on- nice and easy.  And yet... they still look too much like fairy wings.  So I looked up some dragon wings on-line and I realized that I should get rid of the bottom wings and make the top wings more jagged.  


There's a sneak peek at the pants. :)  So you see I have bent the wire to be more angular and gotten rid of the bottom wings.  Since this is a costume for an 18 month old the size of the wings should be perfect.  Next I  used embroidery floss to accentuate the sharpness of the angles and keep the nylons from being too loosy goosy.


Hopefully if you click on the photos you can see it better...  I pinned the wings on the back of the costume.  

No comments: