Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Searching for Summer recipes

My husband isn't a huge fan of Veggies or Fruit or sandwiches or salads.... So what's good in the summertime? Most people grill but we just have a little tabletop camping grill. I guess I should learn how to use that- it just makes me nervous with my little boys running around. Send me your suggestions for things that don't use the oven and are simple and easy. Here are my ideas that I know my hubby will eat and I can add all the veggies I want to my portion and not his...

Chinese Chicken Salad(with or without potstickers)
Nachos
Tacos
Tostadas
Cafe Rio knock off salad (though I need to learn how to do this in smaller quantities because some always goes to waste)
Sloppy Joes
mac and cheese
bourbon chicken
sweet and sour (hubby will eat carrots and pineapple with this)
Italian chicken

OK that's all I can think of for right now... give me ideas!

1 comment:

Chela said...

One of my favorite go to meals is crockpot chicken tacos. I make or buy Salsa Verde. If I buy it I ALWAYS get it at Trader Joes. I put chicken in the crockpot boneless skinless or if the split breast is on sale I take the skin off before cooking and then I make sure I get all the bones before serving. I leave it in the crock pot for about 6 hours on low or less on high if time is short. After cooking I shreed it with a fork and serve it with warm tortillas, salsa verde, avacado and cotija cheese (a crumbley white mexican cheese) If you can't find or don't want cotija jack cheese would also be a good one. I love it because it is so simple and hardly any work. I just have to think ahead.