Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Featuring the Letter I

So this week we will feature the letter I in our activities. I words that I came up with to highlight this letter were : Imagine, Ice, Ice cream, Ironman, Imitate, and I like...

Here are the activities that we will do to go along with each of these words:

Ice Cream: Make homemade ice cream with this recipe. Make this I from this post.

Imagine: Tell stories with Kaden. Every night he tells his Dad a story that usually goes something like this: "Once upon a time there was a boy named Kaden. He liked to play with his Dada. They went to Target to look at Toys. They saw a dinosaur, some cars, and helicopters, and Ninja Turtles." So we will expand on this. I'll introduce some new half sentences to him and have him fill in the blanks.

Ironman: So this reminded me of an ironman marathon that my BIL was in a few years ago. I think I will make an obstacle course for Kaden to go through. Maybe I will have Matt hose off the plastic pool so I can use that as part of it too. :)

Imitate: So we might try some Simon Says- though I am not sure if he will get it. We will do some pretend you are this or that animal. That he gets and enjoys. We have some animal cards so I will use those to pick the animal at random.

I like: I will interview Kaden about things he likes and scrapbook the list for posterity. :)

Ice: This activity or this one or both...

I will take suggestions... any other I words you can think of? Any activities to teach the phonics of the letter I? He recognizes the letter fine and connects some words with it but he doesn't know sounds yet.

2 comments:

Michelle Williams said...

How about making an igloo with a white bed sheet? You can talk about how in Alaska some people live differently. Or make a felt landscace with an igloo and polar bear!

Michelle Williams said...

Landsca-P-e, between my bad spelling and poor typing I'm amazed folks understand me at all!