Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Kaden is obsessed with Super Mario

Smash brothers to be exact.  He carries the game around with him everywhere (even sleeps with it at night).  He "reads" the booklet that came with the game over and over.  This mostly consists of him repeating the names of the characters over and over or him asking the names of the characters.  He is now pretend friends with all of the video game guys.  They ride in his carseat with him and help him fight bad guys and save people everywhere.  They are even willing to get Mommy for putting him in time out(I'm not so happy about this one).  He has quite the imagination now and it is fun to hear him tell the story of the Super Smash Brother's game.   The other day he begged me to play the game with him.  I told him he had to wait for Dada because I don't know how to play(sad I know).  He told me, "It's easy.  You just walk and fight bad guys."  I replied,  "I don't know which buttons to push."  He replied, "You press A."  LOL   Crazy kid just might know how to play!  Every time we go anywhere Kaden asks me if there are Super Mario Smash Brothers Video Game Guys where we are going.  It doesn't matter where we are going- the library, a friends' house, the park, Target....I always tell him no.  He always replies, "I think they do, Mama."  Sweet boy.  So after hearing this everyday all day long I decided he needed some Super Smash Brother's Video Game Guys to play with.  So I drew Mario and Princess Peach (yeah, I know they are amazing!)


Then Kaden drew some of his own.  Up until now his drawings have mostly been scribbles.  Once or twice he has drawn something that looked like what it was but generally scribbles and the occasional misshapen circle.  Now he can make people!!!  :)  I am so excited for him to enter this stage of drawing and so is he.  He made himself Wario and Pit, complete with wings. Diddy Kong, Wacario, and Princess Zelda on the bottom left. Donkey Kong on the bottom right.  I'm so impressed with my new little artist!

No comments: