Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Dragon Costume... Pants


Begin with sweat pants.  I found these for 3.50 at Target.
I used a 16 oz red plastic cup to trace around and make the scallops for my dragon scales.  Don't worry about them being exactly the same size since you want some variety. Then I hot glue gunned the scallops on- wrapping them around the leg as I went.


After I had wrapped the scalloped felt around all of the pants I added in contrasting scales in neon green, blue, and purple.  I just cut out random scale like shapes and glued them in as randomly as possible- I put same colors next to each other on purpose so it would look more random.  Ironic isn't it?
 
fun, right?  Next for the tail!    I forgot to take pictures of this process but here's a basic description.
I cut out three triangles.  I angled it so the part of the triangle that was at the top of the pants is longer so the tail angles downward.  I machine sewed the triangles together.  I put beans in the bottom to weigh it down but I don't think it needed it.  I stuffed the rest with polyfil and handsewed it on to the pants.


The back view of the pants and here's my little guy wearing them!  I'm so excited!  Now I just need to do the top!  Stay tuned!



6 comments:

Anissa said...

WOW. Nice work D. That is an awesome start to his costume! Very cool.

Lisa said...

I love it! Nice job! We're going with the no-sew-put-together-from-DI costumes this year.

Misty said...

You did such a great job! I love the tail!

Adriana said...

I am impressed! So cute! I have two little guys too!

Chela said...

That is amazing. You are awesome. I wish I had a morsel of your talent.

Adriana said...

Thank you for commenting on my toy post! I'll check out the Zingo game. We will do a toy review every Thursday until Christmas. If you have anymore suggestions, feel free to link up. Happy Halloween!