Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chore Chart- Morning Routine

We will start with the morning routine and then add routines from there.  They each have 6 things that they need to do to be ready in the morning.  When school starts again we will add having their backpack and shoes ready too.
The routine-
Get dressed
Put Pjs and underwear away properly (drawer or hamper)
Eat breakfast and drink milk in your bowl
Put dishes in sink
Brush teeth
Say a personal prayer

I saw this idea on pinterest for a sequencing learning activity and decided to turn it into a chore chart.
http://handsonbibleteacher.blogspot.com/2012/04/paint-paddles-turned-bible-facts-review.html

Each of my boys has their own envelope with each of their daily routines in it.  I have only finished making the morning routine so far but I think it will be good to introduce the routines one at a time.  
Next we will do the evening routine. I'm not sure how to make the daily/afternoon routine work exactly so there will be some experimenting with that.  I may just stick with the two routines and leave the daytime more flexible and changing. It will need to take a different form I think. I think I need to get some 3x5 frames to keep track of each boys' weekly progress with their routine charts. Those will hang next to the bin with the envelopes. Anyway... here's a photo to show you what I made. :)


 

No comments: