Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fun Memorial Day weekend

We went on a little walk in the mountains behind our house.  Not exactly a pin though I'm sure it's included in many of the summer bucket lists. :) It is so awesome to live close to such a great resource for hiking. Because my husband is currently on a night work schedule we went later in the day than we should have and the boys got worn out quickly.  It was nice that we were so close to home that it didn't really matter.  It was a fun short walk.  K did a New Mexico unit at the end of school where he learned about plants and animals of New Mexico.  He was excited to see lots of Yucca on the trail.  He insisted on taking a picture of one.
A's reaction to the scenery was to say, "Those rocks look like poop!" and then a few moments later,"Wow! They look like really cool poop!"
I tried to get all three boys to look at the camera and smile at once....

 You can see that worked really well...

 Probably the best two photos of the day..

And lastly our view facing the city and the view facing the mountain.  Love it!

For Memorial day dinner we decided to start the grilling tradition.  We are still new to grilling but it went well.  I'm excited to eat the leftovers today.  I used this recipe by my favorite recipe guru Mel's Kitchen Cafe: Chipotle Chicken Skewers and Lime Cilantro dipping sauce .  It will be going from my recipes pin board to my recipes we liked pin board immediately. 

I am thankful for those who have served and continued to serve our country through military service.  I am thankful they are willing and able to protect our freedom.  I am thankful for the day off yesterday to remember and honor them.  We live near an air force base right now and the importance of giving our military families respect is even more obvious to us currently.  They make great sacrifices on our behalf.  Thank you! I hope that I can respect and support you more than these few words and those that were said on facebook yesterday. You are appreciated and your sacrifices do not go unnoticed.


No comments: