Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Twist on Watercolors

Kaden and I went through a bin of markers and took out all the ones that were dried out.  I couldn't let those go to waste so we used this pin to turn them into liquid watercolors.  Mr. Picasso's art room I didn't have as many markers to put in the water so the colors weren't too bright the first day. They worked even better the next day.  Or two of my sons used the markers themselves after they had soaked a bit and got some vibrant colors that way too.  I think just soaking the markers for a few minutes or putting a drop of vinegar on the tip as another pin suggested would revive a lot of dry markers. 

My kids are really loving drawing and painting.  I'm loving how simple it is to make them happy and creative. :)


 I think these two are using the revived markers too.
 These two are done using the liquid water color and paintbrushes only.

This last one is using the revived wet markers- a three headed dragon by my 5 year old.


No comments: