Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Heart and Treasure

So this summer is the last before my second child starts all day kindergarten. Time is running away from me and my kids are growing up too fast. We only have one trip planned so this will be the summer of us.  My treasure is my kids so I want to focus on doing two things this summer: playing with them and teaching them how to clean up after themselves. I think those two goals go together pretty well. 

We will start on Thursday of this week since that is the first official day of summer break.  I am in the process of making chore charts for each of the kids. I want us to get into a morning routine, afternoon routine, and an evening routine by the time school starts again in August.  I want us to get up and get dressed each day so that we can be ready for fun at a moments notice.  But I think I will plan one wake up and watch a movie in our pajamas day into each week too.  Gotta keep it real and downtime is real and necessary.  Despite putting routines in place there will be plenty of free play time each day too.  I don't plan on scheduling every moment of every day.  I just want a loose structure so that cleaning gets done and so that we have a general plan for fun most days.  I will post the chore charts as soon as I finish them. :) Hopefully tomorrow.

For activities I hope to do a pin a day with my kids.  I have tons of kid activities pinned that I have never tried!  I want to work on alphabet and number recognition with my soon to be kindergartner and my soon to be second grader needs to work on his math facts.  My youngest will benefit from these activities too.  He gets to be potty trained this summer!  I'll post my resources as we go.


 

No comments: