Alma 32:41

...Nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Friday Review

I made my goals for the week in this post.

Potty Training: Still struggling. I am running out of diapers! I try to only use them during naps and at night. I have pull ups for when I don't want to or can't clean up accidents (i.e. at the store). We pretty much stayed home all week so we could train. Kaden wasn't buying it. He used his potty several times about 15 times this week. Which is great but not nearly enough. He has to be half naked for him to realize he needs to go on the potty. Any clothing item on the bottom half and he wets it. So the pull ups really just act as diapers for him. He refuses to do number 2 on the potty. SO the saga continues. He is more motivated to go on the potty when he gets prizes but it doesn't work quite the way I want it to work. And stickers don't work as well. He wants the toys every time or he doesn't really make an effort to go on the potty. Yesterday he just refused so I had him in diaper most of the day. BLAH! Suggestions welcome...

Kids: Kaden went outside for a bit everyday. This was excellent. I didn't stick to the time of my goal but I did get him outside for a little bit everyday. He needs it. I will continue it...

House Cleaning: I think I did dishes everyday at least once. Problem is I probably need to do them at least twice a day now that I am cooking every night. I dislike neverending chores...oh wait...they all are...

Budget: Little did I know we would have huge reasons for this to become a major priority. DH is switching to freelance work so we are going to have to be DILIGENT in keeping to our budget. We have been living without much debt (our car payment is all) but not saving much in the past. Now we will have to save like crazy to make sure we can meet our bills all year long. He has his first freelance position lined up to start the day after his current job ends. That feels good and hopeful for a successful freelance career. He would go back to full time if the right position opens up. If you know of any companies looking for Maya generalists with and emphasis in lighting tell them to check out his site. He has done visual effects for lots of cool commercial and a couple movies. Oh yeah- we did well with this goal. No eating out. No buying toys. We did a little grocery shopping but that's it. Gotta keep it up. I have plans to make Kaden's christmas presents mostly from things we already have - presents I think he will love and will encourage his imagination. :)

Spiritual: Definitely prayed a lot this week. Gotta work on reading.

Creative: No projects for myself but I did a couple with Kaden. We made toilet paper shakers and carved pumpkins.

No comments: